My Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

3 more sleeps

Yah, only three more sleeps and Stuart and I are off to Auckland for 5 nights :-)
I have never been to New Zealand before so am quite looking forward to this trip.  Only 3 hours on the plane too which is pretty good.  It is our 20th Wedding Anniversary on the 25th of this month so we thought that this would be the perfect opportunity for us to disappear for a few days.  It is hard to believe that we have been married for that long, 20 years - sheesh that is like forever hehehe.  I even remember our first date on the 9th August 1993, we went to Seaworld.  It was certainly a fun day - I even went on all the rides back in those days.  I have matured (some may disagree) somewhat since then though and there is no way that you would get me on them these days
Stuart proposed just a bit over 4 months later on December 25th and we married just over a year later on the 25th March 1995.
Oh my how young we were
I need to find the rest of the wedding photos and scan them into the computer.  They must be in a box somewhere.

I have been slowly backing off at work now that we have the new accounts lady.  I don't like handing my job over to someone new but we will never be able to take any longer than a week off here and there if there is no one at the office to handle account enquiries.  I don't have much to do now though - oh well I am sure that is going to change once we start building the new house.  That is not going to happen until probably the end of the year but it is something worth looking forward to.  I will also have the Emma Love Children's Cancer Charity Luncheon to organise.  This is going to be the first charity event of many to raise much needed funds for support for families of children going through the cancer drill and also for research into childhood sarcomas.

I had to drive past the hospital where Emma passed away the other day.  They have built a big new hospital so are tearing down the old one.  I am happy to see it go in a way but also very sad that the last place that I got to see my darling daughter alive is being taken away from me.  Torn :-(
I still close my eyes every night seeing her take her last breath.  I don't know how long that image is going to stay with me but man it really sucks.

Gold Coast Hospital
My girlfriend sent me a text the other night with this picture attached.  Thought it pretty funny when I saw it as for those who don't know my husbands name is Stuart Love.  Just on the off chance that these signs ever go missing one day - it was not me :-)

My husband is famous :-)

Well time again for me to get off the computer.  I am cooking a beautiful red curry chicken tonight.  Then I need to get my act together and start packing.  I haven't even started yet Eek.  Also have to find time to get the house work done before we leave.  It will all come together, everything does in the end.
Hope you have a beautiful rest of the week.  Julie I hope you and your family are having a glorious holiday.  I have loved seeing all the happy snaps on facebook xxx

Leanne 

Todays thought of the day:   Don't be afraid to change, you may lose something, but you may gain something even better


6 comments:

Mandy said...

Have a great holiday & happy anniversary! I love the wedding photo.Gav & I look like babies in ours too :)

Lizzyc said...

hummm bitter sweet post.. I hope you have a really lovely holiday and anniversary.. and I was a very young bride in my photos too.. You will always remember the day you said good bye I think.. just like you remember the day you said Hello to Em... xx

Bron said...

Happy anniversary...we did New Zealand for the first time on our 25th anniversary a couple of years back....you will love it.
I have the same feelings going past our girls final place....I find it hard to even look the few times we have been back ..it too will one day go...bittersweet indeed.
xxx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy anniversary!!! And loving those street signs! How cool is that?!?!!?!? Have fun on your trip!!!!!

Emily said...

Just a quick note to tell the general public about a great man who brought my husband back to me after 11 years, his name is Dr. OKO. My husband was snatched from me by another woman when I went to see my sick mother, I came home to meet the house empty my husband was not at home, he wan’t picking call none will he call back. I was left alone with our 4 years old baby, he was gone for 11 years but just a month ago a friend of mine called me to tell about oko and she gave me his contact and I did contacted him and he told me my husband was with another woman. Also, he said he will bring back my husband within a few days, I thought it was a joke but behold my husband came home begging for forgiveness just as OKO promised. Off course I forgave my husband everything became normal even more that it was before. You too can be helped by him if interested through: okotemple@live.com or call/whatsapp: +2348131684022.

Mr. Mark Thomas said...

My name is Mr GHITA DANIEL, am a Citizen Of ROMANIA. Have you been looking for a loan? Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr. Mark Thomas FOIRM Ronnie Finance Ltd he help me with a loan of $85,000 some days ago after been scammed of $8,000 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $85,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com

Whats-App no +919667837169
Dr. Mark Thomas

LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS
Name:…………
Address…………
Loan Amount:……
Loan duration…
Monthly income…………
Nationality……
Country………
Occupation......
State…………
Zip/Code………
Gender…………
Age…………
Marital Status……………
Telephone………………

FORM Ronnie Finance Ltd
Dr. Mark Thomas