My Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Round 2 Radiation

Yep we are heading off for round 2 of radiation for miss Emma.  Another 5 weeks of radiation therapy at the Royal Brisbane Hospital.  We have been lucky enough to get a self contained room at Ronald McDonald house in Herston..... Once she has completed radiation we will be trying a different chemotherapy.  I am praying that this will be our final round of treatments.  Emmas body is so tired after being pumped full of so many toxic poisons for the past 2 years.  We are hopeful that this will be it.  Unfortunately we will not be going to Disneyland again this year as she will most likely still be on treatment.  There is always next year.

Was excited to receive an email this morning letting me know that one of my layouts has made the top 20 for the Scrapbooking Memories competition at the Papercraft convention in Brisbane this year.  Top 20 how awesome is that.  It is up to the public to then vote on the layout they like the best at the convention.  Emma is pretty excited as it is a photo of her and her BFF Tilly.

I also received an email from an amazing woman (Melissa Kennedy) who is a God send to our family.  Melissa, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything.

Have been scrapping heaps.  I can only share a little with you as it is as usual DT stuff.


Mum and Mishae taken a few years ago but still adorable xxx


Love this photo of Daniel and Mishae, so sweet.


self portraits.  Pity is was so sunny as we all have our eyes half shut

Good one Mishae

Mishae seeing what it is like to be a brunette - playing with Emmas wigs

Mishae and her little brother.  They are so cute together

Oh I forgot to tell you, mum decided that she would pop up for a surprise visit after Emmas surgery.  I miss having my mum around whilst going through all this but it has certainly been wonderful having her here even if it is for only a short time. She is flying back to Tasmania in the morning :-(

Anyway I have more to share but have to go as my brother and his family are coming around for dinner to say good bye to mum.  I will be back another day with more shares

God Bless and stay safe
Leanne :-)


4 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh I do pray this next lot of treatment is successful.. you all have been through so much and Emma is so amazing how strong she is... Well done on your being in the top 20, I sent a layout in but haven't heard back, so I am assuming I haven't made it.. ( I am not surprised!!) So good to see you are scrapping, these layouts are lovely, the papers are so cheerful and fun.. your photos are lovely.. how precious to have your mum up, I do hope you have a great week!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry to hear that Disneyland is cancelled again :( Hoping the treatments go well this time!! I loveeeeeeeee your lo's and loving the family photos!!!

Keren Tamir said...

Hi Leanne I'm sorry I haven't discovered your blog and I'm sorry I haven't been able to pray for your DD before. But I'm praying for her now. I'm so sorry for her suffering!!

Lizzyc said...

HI.. Just coming by... thinking of you again today...xx