My Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Update

Hi guys

Just having a quick break from the hospital so thought I would post a long overdue post. 

Emma has been doing ok, she is struggling at the moment with severe mouth ulcers from the chemotherapy and her tongue is that sore and swollen that she cannot talk.  The radiation is going well although that is also making her mouth very sore.  I think we are all going to be so happy when this ordeal is well behind us.  My usual chirpy little munchkin is now so depressed and miserable.  I am hoping that they can fix her soon so that she is semi happy again.

I have been keeping up with my scrapping as much as possible.  Emma wanted me to make her a book about her journey so far but I haven't been able to tackle that one yet.  I just don't want to have to relive it all again.  I guess once things have settled down a bit I will be able to do it.  Luckily I have documented most of it here on my blog.

I have still be teaching classes at Kaisercraft Robina on Saturday mornings.  It is my much needed break and I really enjoy it.  I have included the last two things I taught for you to see.  This Saturday we will be making a 12 x 12 layout and card using velvet ensemble.  The class cost is $20 and includes everything you need to complete your projects. If you wish to come along then give the store a call on (07) 5580 9939.

I wanted to show you the other project we made too but I cannot find a full picture of it.  Above is the letter rack that we made last week.  This girls finished products were fantabulous.
The pictures below are a sneek peak of next weeks class.  Love this frame and I am sure you guys will too.


Anyway I have finished my lunch and sent the emails that I had to do so now I am heading back up to the hospital to sit with my little chickenlegs.  Hope this post finds you all happy, healthy and wise
God Bless
Leanne :-)

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry to hear that she is hurting with the ulcers and that she is depressed! :( Prayers and hugs coming her way! I loveeeeeeeee your projects! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lizzyc said...

HI.. thanks for the update.. what Emma is going through sounds so tough, and i hope you all can just keep going and get to the end of the treatment and get back on with your lives.. sending you all hugs and prayers.. xx
and so glad to see you are keeping on scrapping too.. i hope it is good therapy for you.. it looks great!

Kerryn said...

I am sorry to hear that the current treatments are taking their toll on Emma physically and mentally. My thoughts are with the little trooper.

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

So nice to get an update! Praying for you all!!

Mrs Frizz said...

Have been wondering how you were all getting on ... chin up ...

Lea said...

Ohh poor Emma. I hope those awful mouth ulcers are gone soonish. There's so much for her to endure. She's going to come out the other side so tough! Thinking of you both.
Leax