My Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

surgery

Emma will have her next lot of surgery in approximately three weeks time.  She will be in ICU for the first week and then another week in the general ward.  I don't think Stuart and I were prepared for the size of this surgery.  They have to break her jaw in the middle of her chin and basically open her face up like a book.  She will have a tracheotomy in for a week and be fed through a tube in her nose.  I honestly thought I was going to vomit when the doctor was explaining all this to us.  My body went warm and I felt awful.  There is the chance that she will lose all feeling on the left side of her lower face and not be able to feel her teeth.  

I think I was in shock but this is the only option we have.

I guess I will be praying madly for the next three weeks that her surgery will go without any problems. 

Poor little Emma has a real attitude at the moment too, she is being a bit of a drama queen (as the doctor put it) but I feel that is because she is absolutely terrified and does not know how to deal with it.  My heart breaks knowing how my poor little munchkin must be feeling.

Ok I will be back with more at a later date.

Oh before I forget  I am now a DT member for mad about scrappin, great bunch of women and loads of inspiration.

There is also a cyber crop this weekend for Scrap of Difference, head on over and give some of the challenges a go.  Prizes to be won for all the challenges.....

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* poor baby....I can see why she would be frustrated and not know how to show it....poor mama too...i know this is hard on you also!! I will be praying like crazy too!! CONGRATS on the DT...that is good news for you! YAY! :):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Will continue to pray for you all Leanne - esp for a miracle that she won't need the surgery at all.

Anonymous said...

ops I forgot to put that the previous anonymous was me!
Tammi (tambear)

Sandra D said...

Oh my goodness Leanne! You have so much to deal with at the moment. Hoping the surgery goes well and that the next three weeks aren't too long for you. Congrats on the DT at MAD. I look forward to working with you!

deb famularo said...

oh my God, the poor child. She must be terrified.....what a scary thing for anyone to face. You have my prayers and my heart Leanne. I hope these next few weeks go by fast and that everything goes well in surgery and her recovery. I'm sure she'll be in good hands, and God is watching over her. Much love to your family.
xoxo

Sheree said...

Oh dear...she's having to deal with so much at such a young age. I can totally understand her being terrified...just as you must be too. Sending you my best wishes and thinking of you all!

Congrats on your new DT spot! That's great news. :)

Sheree xx

Melanie B said...

Wow Lee for not cancer that is some serious surgery. We will be praying for her over the next couple of weeks. Huge for a little chickie & a mama to take in.

Congrats on the DT. That is great news.

Me xx

Christine said...

Oh Leanne, I was so relievedto see the title of your previous post. I'm thinking of you and your precious little girl and hoping like crazy that the surgery is a success. Take care of you all

Kelly said...

So glad it is not cancer - but that surgery sounds awful. Poor Emma.
I hope it all goes well. Thinking of you xxx