My Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

WHAT a month

Wow what a roller coaster ride we have been on these past couple of weeks.  Our son Jacob (13yrs) has been having difficulties at school so we decided to take him to a naturopath to see what we could do with him.  He has Aspergers syndrome so we wanted to explore other ways of helping him.  The Naturopath has told us that we need to get him on a gluten/casein free diet.  What a major change this is going to be for our family as we regularly enjoy dining out and we love milk and cheese eek!!!!  This is something that we really have to do though if our son has any chance of living a normal life.  Well as normal as any Aspergers person can have.

Emma our 10yr old got bumped in the side of the face 19 days ago by our Labradors head and a bump came up.  I was away that weekend so Stuart took her to the doctor who said that if the swelling has not gone down in two weeks time then to go back.  We went back and were sent off for an ultrasound in the hope that it was a haemotoma that has gone hard (which would be easy enough to fix) but nooooo the ultrasound lady could not find a haemotoma instead she found a couple of incredibly enlarged parotid glands and even more swollen lymph nodes.  She said to go back to the doctors and see what they say.  It is so bizarre and very worrying when we have no idea what is wrong with her.  Everyday she is getting headaches and her face is so swollen it makes her look lopsided - poor little munchkin.  Will be seeing her doctor in the morning so hopefully we will get an answer.  I hope and pray that it is nothing serious and can just be fixed with a course of antibiotics.

We have just employed our first three staff for Aurora and they will be starting in two weeks time.  It is very exciting and also nerve wracking at the same time.  I cannot wait until we get our office finished and everything is fully up and running.

We had dinner with the in laws last night as my father in law and his brother are heading off on their dream vacation tomorrow.  They are off to Europe to watch the Tour de France.  They will also be riding parts of the track with the tour that they are going with.  I can just imagine how much of an awesome time they are both going to have and  will be waiting patiently to hear all about it when they return.

Have not been scrapping as much as I would have liked as I have been busy getting stuff ready for the business and besides that my mojo is still on holiday somewhere. I have uploaded the little that I have managed to scrap.


Anyway, must go as I have the ironing to get finished and kids to feed.  Hope this post finds you all happy healthy and living life to the fullest.

Leanne :-)

2 comments:

Melanie B said...

WOW you have been MIA. Good to see you back. Thanks for your comment.

I really hope you get things sorted with Jacob. We see a naturopath & he is awesome, so hoping you get some results.
Hope Em is ok too. (have seen her a couple of times at school) she is growing up very fast.

Love the pages Lee, so much for not scrapping. LOL. I haven't even used my new OA yet. They are great.

Glad to hear all is going well with the business.

Take care.
Mel xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am soooooooooooooo sorry the kids are having a rough time...I hope her face is going to be ok....and I know a gluten free diet has got to be hard!! I am LOVING your latest creations!! They are AMAZING!! WOW WOW WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)