My Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Anzac Day 2009

Had a fabulous day with family and friends. Our morning started with the Anzac Day march at Burleigh. Jacob didn't march this year as he hurt his ankle the day before playing sport at school, Emma did though and she also made us very proud singing a duet with her friend in the choir in front of hundreds and hundreds of people. It gave me goose bumps and I nearly cried. She sounded so beautiful..... She had to sing "the last Anzac" which was very moving. I have got video of her but don't know how to load it into my blog...

Have been sewing up a storm and will show you all once I have finished.

I have a very quite morning today as Stuart and Jacob have gone on a car rally and Emma stayed with her big sister last night and won't be home for a few hours. I may have to go in the lounge and just bludge for a while .

Here are some photos of our day. After the service we went down to the beach with some friends for a picnic. The kids had the best time and we adults just lounged around sipping our wines and relaxing.

Hope you have all had a wonderful fun filled weekend.

Take care and stay safe

Leanne :)

1 comment:

deb famularo said...

Hey Leanne! The kids are so adorable. Great pictures. So you have a little singer do you! You must be so proud! I would have been bawling!!!!
Can't wait to see what you are sewing. xOxO deb